SHOES SHOES SHOES
There are about a million options when it comes to buying amazing shoes for kids. But something about summer shoes is just as much for your mini as it is for you! No more thick socks, cute baby toes are free and there's wayyyy more color! We've rounded up our favorites from high to low, from wild to sweet and everything in between.
Time for a mini pedicure!
It was a given that buying baby shoes would be a serious addiction, but I've really surprised myself with how obsessed I've become with mini sunnies for my little miss. Everywhere I turn it seems like I find another irresistible pair. These mirrored Illesteva pair are my current fav but some others that I'm loving you can shop below!
The Easiest Way to Document each Month
Time Flies. You're basically discharged from the hospital, you blink and month one has passed! After lots of pinning, I found some floral inspo and quickly got to work on trying to freeze time. Each month, I would upload every baby selfie, spaghetti faced and bath time photos I had into an album on my Artifact Uprising App. The final day I'd do my "Floral Floor Photo" and make it the cover of that month's book. Pay and Print and the chic-est little book would arrive a few days later. Now, we have 12 tiny books sitting in Isla's nursery for us to look through together and it was the best way to document this year!
The Diaper Bag
When I was about to have my baby I suddenly realized my favorite Celiné would no longer be my every day bag. So what was I going to carry as a diaper bag that was practical but also fit my own style? There are definitely designers that do great styles but my inner accessories editor wanted more options... and I knew they were just waiting to be discovered! I found I could get one of genius designer (and mom!) Rebecca Minkoff's chic guitar bag straps and snap them onto whatever diaper bag and instantly add sparkle! Or that I could grab one of Goldno8's metallic pouches to keep organized inside the diaper bag, but then move it to a cross body after hours by adding the long strap. Now I have options... I love options.
Take a look to the left for a few others I have in baby rotation right now!
1. THE LOOK Wear something you all feel beautiful, comfortable, & can move in. Also good hair always makes you feel good so a blowout won't hurt!
2. THE SHOT LIST You have a small window with that baby so prepare all your shots beforehand.
3. THE PHOTOGRAPHER Find someone who works with babies/kids. If they need a break, a feeding, a change... a patient photographer will understand!
4. THE LOCATION Comfort is key. Either your home or somewhere you know well. At home, all your necessities are right there when you need them!
5. THE TEAM It takes a village! Ask your mom, relative or a friend to be on hand to grab a bottle, fix a stray hair or just to be a supportive bestie. It's crucial for staying organized and calm!
Throwing a 1st Birthday Even your Single friends will love!
My vision for Isla's first birthday was just an enhanced version of what we love to do all the time. Eat, hang with friends and listen to good music. I figured what better way to celebrate than throw a "Babies Who Brunch" themed birthday party. Watch below to get an inside peak into all of the little details that helped bring the party all together!