The best part about entertaining is the set up. I love dreaming up the menu, the florals, the cocktails etc. I always find if you create the perfect table scape you can literally serve potato chips and it will be chic. It's all about the presentation! The list is short and sweet so to make things easy here are my top picks for the perfect summer table scape!
1. Place Settings: A place mat adds a burst of color or in this case lots of texture to an already pretty neutral table. I like round ones for right under the plate so it doesn't take up too much room on the table!
2. Napkins: Another chance to add pattern, texture, or play with color! These tie die cloth napkins are a current favorite of mine.
3. Flatware: I love to use gold flatware. It's affordable at so many places and makes everything look a little bit fancier with that added shine. As an alternative to metal I also love bamboo flatware for more texture.
4. Florals: Something simple and seasonal always works. This time just a pop of greenery was all I really needed. I love to have something big that makes a statement but not tall so guests can still see across the table.
5. Candles: A fancy candle can go a long way. Spending a little more money on something that will last long and smell delicious will be well worth it!
6. Light Bites: A Summer Table Scape is not complete without light seasonal bites that are satisfying but not too heavy in the summer heat. Lobster rolls and a pasta salad are my favorites!
7. Rosé: A light summer cocktail is refreshing and keeps the dinner party going! Not only do I love the taste but I like the color a rosé gives to the table. Of course I always have additional drink options in the kitchen too!